We’re one day away from the Trade Deadline, but the San Diego Padres have yet to make any deals yet. That could all change at any moment so be sure to check back here regularly as new Padres rumors get leaked…
After missing out on Cole Hamels it’s no surprise the Houston Astros would be making a big push to get Tyson Ross. Ross has definitely been the preference for all teams looking to acquire a pitcher from the Padres and after Ross’ dominate performance last night, the price may have just gone up some more. However, with most contending teams still trying to acquire David Price from the Detroit Tigers, the Padres may be waiting until until Price is moved before getting final offers for Ross, Cashner, and all the rest.
More from Friars on Base
- Jurickson Profar free agency update likely rules out Padres reunion
- Fernando Tatis Jr. may not take to outfield move after Xander Bogaerts addition
- Padres News: Fernando Tatis Jr. trade rumors, Seth Lugo chase, Manny Machado
- Padres barely missed out on high-end veteran starting pitcher
- This veteran DH target seems ideal for contending Padres roster