Hey there, Friar Faithful! We’re now just a few days away from the 2015 Trade Deadline. The San Diego Padres name has been floating around a lot but so for no moves have been made.
Be sure to check in regularly. We’ll be updating this page regularly throughout the day:
Absolutely! I would love for the Padres to land Baez and help out infield’s future.
I’ve gone on record saying that Craig Kimbrel is the number one guy I don’t want the Padres to trade. So holding on to him would be alright with me. However, Mateo is a very intreging infield prospect who could solve San Diego’s shortstop problem for many seasons to come.
The Padres trading either Andrew Cashner or Tyson Ross is nothing new to the rumor mill, they’ve been linked to multiple teams. Preller making a deal with his former employer was inevitable in my opinion.
This happened last night, but so far no new update on this. Starlin Castro has been link to the Padres since the start of the 2015 season. I would have been happy to trade for him in the beginning of the year, but given his struggles and contract, I don’t think I would be as enthused.
More from Friars on Base
- Jurickson Profar free agency update likely rules out Padres reunion
- Fernando Tatis Jr. may not take to outfield move after Xander Bogaerts addition
- Padres News: Fernando Tatis Jr. trade rumors, Seth Lugo chase, Manny Machado
- Padres barely missed out on high-end veteran starting pitcher
- This veteran DH target seems ideal for contending Padres roster