May 8, 2015; Phoenix, AZ, USA; San Diego Padres outfielder Will Venable (right) slides safely into home to score ahead of the tag by Arizona Diamondbacks catcher Tuffy Gosewisch in the fourth inning at Chase Field. Mandatory Credit: Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports
The San Diego Padres (33-36) need to get hot. They are going to the right place to get hot in Phoenix, AZ where it will be well north of 100 degrees and even into the 110’s during this series. The Arizona Diamondbacks (32-34) have surpassed the Padres in the standings and sit just a half game ahead.
The Friars come off of a very disappointing series with the Athletics. In the four games, they were outscored 32-11. They managed to salvage the last game, winning 3-1. They hope to turn this road trip around and gain momentum.
The D-backs are coming from a series split with the Los Angeles Angels. They are 16-17 at home this year and 6-15 within the division.
More from Friars on Base
- Padres News: Fernando Tatis Jr. trade rumors, Seth Lugo chase, Manny Machado
- Padres barely missed out on high-end veteran starting pitcher
- This veteran DH target seems ideal for contending Padres roster
- Padres got steal with Xander Bogaerts after Carlos Correa’s mega-deal
- Failed Padres top prospect makes stunning return with minor league deal