Aug 1, 2014; San Diego, CA, USA; San Diego Padres relief pitcher Dale Thayer (33) pitches during the ninth inning against the Atlanta Braves at Petco Park. Mandatory Credit: Jake Roth-USA TODAY Sports
You can’t get much better than this folks.
On multiple accounts I’ve heard a stranger whisper, “Mother of God”, after lying eyes on Dale Thayer’s glorious whiskers.
Since his call up, Thayer has transcended what we all know to be a “beard”, and branded a completely unique style.
The heavy mustache into a modified mutton-chops look turns heads every time Thayer takes the mound.
Do you agree with the Beard Ranking? Who was left on the list or doesn’t belong?
More from Friars on Base
- Padres News: Fernando Tatis Jr. trade rumors, Seth Lugo chase, Manny Machado
- Padres barely missed out on high-end veteran starting pitcher
- This veteran DH target seems ideal for contending Padres roster
- Padres got steal with Xander Bogaerts after Carlos Correa’s mega-deal
- Failed Padres top prospect makes stunning return with minor league deal