May 21, 2014; San Diego, CA, USA; San Diego Padres relief pitcher Kevin Quackenbush (59) after the final out of the ninth inning against the Minnesota Twins at Petco Park. Mandatory Credit: Christopher Hanewinckel-USA TODAY Sports
Quak-attack burst onto the scene in 2014 with his ability to close out games; but more notably, rocking a superb beard while doing it.
What I like about Quak’s beard game is its versatility.
The man can tone it back and go with the clean-cut groomed-goatee look, then go on to be an inspiration to us all with the all out Santa Claus.
Quakenbush began donning some substantial bulk on the chin later in the year, which certainly helped translate into some saves.
More from Friars on Base
- Padres News: Fernando Tatis Jr. trade rumors, Seth Lugo chase, Manny Machado
- Padres barely missed out on high-end veteran starting pitcher
- This veteran DH target seems ideal for contending Padres roster
- Padres got steal with Xander Bogaerts after Carlos Correa’s mega-deal
- Failed Padres top prospect makes stunning return with minor league deal