Series Preview: Rockies Enter Town To Battle Padres
Mandatory Credit: Charles LeClaire-USA TODAY Sports
The key to a series win will be the two rookie starters getting back on track. Hahn and Despaigne struggled in their last few starts; they look to bounce back in this series. If one or both can pitch like they have the last few months, this should be a series win for the Friars.
More from Padres News
- Padres News: Fernando Tatis Jr. trade rumors, Seth Lugo chase, Manny Machado
- Padres barely missed out on high-end veteran starting pitcher
- This veteran DH target seems ideal for contending Padres roster
- Padres got steal with Xander Bogaerts after Carlos Correa’s mega-deal
- Failed Padres top prospect makes stunning return with minor league deal
My prediction is that the Padres will be in a pitcher’s duel in Game 1 and will fall late in the game. The Padres should win Games 2 and 3 based on superiority in the pitching matchups, and the injuries to the offense will take a toll for the Rockies. The Padres have the upper hand on paper in this series. Thanks to our friends at Knoda.com we now have the game predictor app. Compete against us, the Friars On Base staff and see how your picks stack up against ours!