The San Diego Padres will face the Colorado Rockies this afternoon in Denver, looking for a series sweep on get-away day.
After slashing .412/.444/.647 over four games in El Paso, Cordero, 23, will leadoff and play centerfield for the Friars this afternoon.
From Kevin Acee of The San Diego Union-Tribune, here is today’s lineup versus the Rockies.
The National League’s hit-leader, Jose Pirela (16 hits), is in the cleanup spot, with Carlos Asuaje behind him. After hitting his first homer of the season last night, a go-ahead three-run shot late in the game no less, Hunter Renfroe will get the start in right, hitting sixth.
More from Friars on Base
- Jurickson Profar free agency update likely rules out Padres reunion
- Fernando Tatis Jr. may not take to outfield move after Xander Bogaerts addition
- Padres News: Fernando Tatis Jr. trade rumors, Seth Lugo chase, Manny Machado
- Padres barely missed out on high-end veteran starting pitcher
- This veteran DH target seems ideal for contending Padres roster
Pitching matchups for Padres’ series finale
Luis Perdomo (1-1, 6.00) is coming off of one of the best outings of his young career.
He went five strong innings versus the Houston Astros on Friday, allowing four hits, striking out four, and allowing three walks while only giving up one run.
He surely hopes to build off his last outing and continue to gain momentum against a Rockies team that’s beat him up a bit in the past (Nolan Arenado‘s .267 batting average against Perdomo is the lowest of the Rox’ starting eight).
German Marquez (0-1, 6.52), will get the call for the Rockies today. Carlos Asuaje is hitting .571 in seven at-bats against Marquez and Hosmer his at .333 over three at-bats.