Jun 23, 2015; San Francisco, CA, USA; San Diego Padres starting pitcher Odrisamer Despaigne (40) throws a pitch against the San Francisco Giants during the first inning at AT&T Park. Mandatory Credit: Ed Szczepanski-USA TODAY Sports
Game 3, 1:10pm
Aside from a hiccup in Oakland, Despaigne has been one of the best pitchers on this staff in the last few weeks. He has allowed two runs or less in 5 of his last 7 starts. However, the last time he pitched against the Diamondbacks it did not go well. He allowed 8 runs on 10 hits in 5 innings. He has a 4.21 ERA in 6 starts against the D-backs.
David Peralta seems to have Despaigne’s number, hitting .462 against him.
Anderson last faced the Padres on May 9th and pitched well. He went 7 innings while only allowing one run. In his two seasons in the big leagues, he has faced the Padres 5 times. He is 2-1 with a 3.21 ERA. Matt Kemp is 4 for 11 with a home run and four RBI against Anderson.
The Friars desperately need a series win here. I think they will get it. The offense is riding some momentum after the Giants series when they scored 6 runs in one inning on Thursday. As they hit the halfway mark into the 2015 season, they need to turn things around real fast if they have any hopes of October baseball. The NL West has weakened in the past month which still leaves the door open for San Diego. They must take advantage.
More from Friars on Base
- Jurickson Profar free agency update likely rules out Padres reunion
- Fernando Tatis Jr. may not take to outfield move after Xander Bogaerts addition
- Padres News: Fernando Tatis Jr. trade rumors, Seth Lugo chase, Manny Machado
- Padres barely missed out on high-end veteran starting pitcher
- This veteran DH target seems ideal for contending Padres roster