Jun 3, 2015; San Diego, CA, USA; San Diego Padres left fielder Justin Upton (10) singles during the sixth inning against the New York Mets at Petco Park. Mandatory Credit: Jake Roth-USA TODAY Sports
Game 2 Saturday, 7:10pm
Cashner has been absolutely abysmal his last few times out. In his last two starts, he has a combined nine innings pitched with eight earned runs off of nine hits and five walks. This is not counting the unearned runs that have scored while he was pitching. He has not won a start since May 27th. He has a 3.27 ERA in 11 career starts against the Diamondbacks. His last start came against these D-backs as well and only lasted four innings.
Hellickson has faced the Padres three times already this season. He is 1-1 and has allowed 12 runs in those three starts. The Friars have also homered off Hellickson three times this season. Yonder Alonso and Will Venable had multi-hit games against him last week.
Hellickson has a 6.75 ERA in four starts against the Friars. Justin Upton is hitting .375 with a home run off of him.
The hottest hitter for the D-backs right now is A.J. Pollock. He has eight hits in his last six games with a home run, two doubles and four runs scored.
More from Friars on Base
- Jurickson Profar free agency update likely rules out Padres reunion
- Fernando Tatis Jr. may not take to outfield move after Xander Bogaerts addition
- Padres News: Fernando Tatis Jr. trade rumors, Seth Lugo chase, Manny Machado
- Padres barely missed out on high-end veteran starting pitcher
- This veteran DH target seems ideal for contending Padres roster