The San Diego Padres offense arrived late but it was not enough to overcome a 13 run performance by the San Francisco Giants. The Padres have now loss four straight series since their four-game series split with the Atlanta Braves.
James Shields failed to get win number eight again. Shields had arguably his worst performance of the season today, throwing only four innings and giving up nine hits and seven runs.
The rest of the Padres bullpen didn’t help much either. Marcos Mateo, Shawn Kelley, and Brandon Maurer each gave up two runs a piece.
The Padres offense was quiet again for most of today’s game and looked like they might be shut out again, until the seventh inning when they finally put up two runs and six runs in the eighth inning too.
The Friars finally head home after their brutal roadtrip with series with the Arizona Diamondbacks. Tyson Ross will start on the mound.
More from Friars on Base
- Padres barely missed out on high-end veteran starting pitcher
- This veteran DH target seems ideal for contending Padres roster
- Padres got steal with Xander Bogaerts after Carlos Correa’s mega-deal
- Failed Padres top prospect makes stunning return with minor league deal
- Padres fail to land ideal Xander Bogaerts teammate at catcher