Following the firing of manager Buddy Black earlier today, the San Diego Padres start a four game interleague series with the Oakland A’s.The Padres really could have used a win tonight but you could see that there was something missing following today’s news, falling 1-9.
Tyson Ross got the start on the mound, going five inning and giving up four runs and four hits. The real damage came in the eighth inning, when recently called up pitcher, Corey Mazzoni, surrendered four hits and five runs.
The offense just couldn’t get it going today, only scoring one run with five hits.
Andrew Cashner will get the start tomorrow for the Padres. We’ll also know before the game if Dave Roberts will still be the interim manager or if San Diego bound, Pat Murphy, will be.
Check back with us tomorrow and stay tuned to Friars On Base for all your Padres news!
More from Friars on Base
- Jurickson Profar free agency update likely rules out Padres reunion
- Fernando Tatis Jr. may not take to outfield move after Xander Bogaerts addition
- Padres News: Fernando Tatis Jr. trade rumors, Seth Lugo chase, Manny Machado
- Padres barely missed out on high-end veteran starting pitcher
- This veteran DH target seems ideal for contending Padres roster