May 30, 2015; San Diego, CA, USA; San Diego Padres right fielder Matt Kemp (27) singles during the fourth inning against the Pittsburgh Pirates at Petco Park. Mandatory Credit: Jake Roth-USA TODAY Sports
Game 3 Wednesday, 4:10pm
Ross wasn’t at his sharpest in his last start against the Reds. He did earn the win after pitching 5 innings and striking out 7. He allowed two runs and walked 3 as well. He only has one career start against the Braves and it came last year at Petco Park. He went 6 innings, struck out 7 and allowed two runs in a no-decision.
Perez will be making his 5th career start. The 24 year-old Venezuelan made is major league debut on May 8th. In his last start, he allowed four runs and walking five in five innings. He was signed by the Braves in 2009.
The Padres have awoken offensively this past week. Matt Kemp has been slowly snapping out of his slump. In the last week, Kemp is hitting .346 with a home run and a .931 OPS. Yonder Alonso has played very well since coming off of the DL. In 5 games he is hitting .421 with a home run and 6 RBI.
More from Friars on Base
- Jurickson Profar free agency update likely rules out Padres reunion
- Fernando Tatis Jr. may not take to outfield move after Xander Bogaerts addition
- Padres News: Fernando Tatis Jr. trade rumors, Seth Lugo chase, Manny Machado
- Padres barely missed out on high-end veteran starting pitcher
- This veteran DH target seems ideal for contending Padres roster