May 2, 2015; Atlanta, GA, USA; Atlanta Braves center fielder Cameron Maybin (25) hits a two run home run against the Cincinnati Reds during the fifth inning at Turner Field. Mandatory Credit: Dale Zanine-USA TODAY Sports
Game 2 Tuesday, 4:10pm
Shields is the first Padres starter to start a season 7-0 in the last 30 years. He is 2nd in the National League with 92 strikeouts. He earned his 7th win last time out against the Mets when he went 7 innings and allowed 2 runs. Before running into trouble in the 7th, he looked as if he could have pitched a complete game.
Foltynewicz is in his second year of big league service. He is making his 8th career start. He is coming off of one of the worst starts of his career, he allowed 8 hits and 4 earned runs while walking two in 5 2/3 innings. He has never faced the Padres.
The hottest Braves hitter right now played for the Padres for four seasons before being dealt at the start of the season. Cameron Maybin is hitting .579 in the last week with a 1.158 OPS.
More from Friars on Base
- Jurickson Profar free agency update likely rules out Padres reunion
- Fernando Tatis Jr. may not take to outfield move after Xander Bogaerts addition
- Padres News: Fernando Tatis Jr. trade rumors, Seth Lugo chase, Manny Machado
- Padres barely missed out on high-end veteran starting pitcher
- This veteran DH target seems ideal for contending Padres roster