Jun 2, 2015; San Diego, CA, USA; San Diego Padres starting pitcher Ian Kennedy (22) pitches during the first inning against the New York Mets at Petco Park. Mandatory Credit: Jake Roth-USA TODAY Sports
Game 1 Monday, 4:10pm
Kennedy had a great start after a terrible one. He went 6 innings, struck out a season-high 8 and got the win against the New York Mets. He now has 45 strikeouts in 45 innings. Kennedy has pitched well against the Braves in his career. In 7 starts, he is 2-0 with a 3.54 ERA.
His ERA is a little higher at Turner Field at 5.40. Braves first baseman Freddie Freeman is hitting .600 with a home run and 8 RBI against Kennedy.
Miller has been one of the biggest surprises of the season. He was dealt to the Braves from the Cardinals in the offseason in the deal that sent Jason Heyward to St. Louis. He took a no-hitter into the 9th inning against the Marlins. He did get knocked around in his last start against the Arizona Diamondbacks, allowing 4 runs and walking 6.
Miller has 4 career appearances against the Padres with a 4.79 ERA.
More from Friars on Base
- Jurickson Profar free agency update likely rules out Padres reunion
- Fernando Tatis Jr. may not take to outfield move after Xander Bogaerts addition
- Padres News: Fernando Tatis Jr. trade rumors, Seth Lugo chase, Manny Machado
- Padres barely missed out on high-end veteran starting pitcher
- This veteran DH target seems ideal for contending Padres roster