With Melvin’s activation I have to assume it’ll be Abraham Almonte that will be sent back down to Triple-A. Melvin hit .280 in his 13 games with El Paso.
If Melvin preforms well it’ll make things even more difficult for Buddy when Wil Myers is done with his rehab assignment as well.
More from Friars on Base
- Jurickson Profar free agency update likely rules out Padres reunion
- Fernando Tatis Jr. may not take to outfield move after Xander Bogaerts addition
- Padres News: Fernando Tatis Jr. trade rumors, Seth Lugo chase, Manny Machado
- Padres barely missed out on high-end veteran starting pitcher
- This veteran DH target seems ideal for contending Padres roster