Jun 2, 2015; Philadelphia, PA, USA; Cincinnati Reds first baseman Joey Votto (19) hits a hits an RBI double during the first inning against the Philadelphia Phillies at Citizens Bank Park. Mandatory Credit: Eric Hartline-USA TODAY Sports
Game 2 Saturday, 1:10pm
Cashner is looking to put an odd and shaky start behind him when he faced the Mets. He allowed 5 runs while striking out 12 and he could not get out of the 5th inning. His pitches either missed bats or found gaps. He has had bad luck throughout the season, given his record and ERA.
He has a 3.18 ERA in 17 innings against the Reds in his career. Last year on this field, he went 7 innings and struck out 6 while just allowing one run.
Lorenzen made his major league debut earlier this season. He has impressed in his first 5 starts. He has struggled somewhat at home while pitching much better on the road. He had a tough start in his last outing, walking 6 batters. He did only allow two runs in 6 1/3 innings.
The hottest hitter in the Reds lineup is their slugger Joey Votto. In the last week, he has three home runs and is hitting .360.
More from Friars on Base
- Fernando Tatis Jr. may not take to outfield move after Xander Bogaerts addition
- Padres News: Fernando Tatis Jr. trade rumors, Seth Lugo chase, Manny Machado
- Padres barely missed out on high-end veteran starting pitcher
- This veteran DH target seems ideal for contending Padres roster
- Padres got steal with Xander Bogaerts after Carlos Correa’s mega-deal