A few of the San Diego Chargers‘ 2015 Draft picks will be throwing out the first pitch on Wednesday night before the San Diego Padres finale with the New York Mets.
@SportsFan_SD broke the news with this mornings tweet:
The lightning bolts on the sleeves are a nice touch, though it would be a lot cooler if they were those sweet Brown-Pinstripe throwbacks the Padres are wearing this season.
Looks like it’ll be Melvin Gordon (1st round), Denzel Perryman (2nd round), and Craig Mager (3rd round). Mager is a bit of an enigma to me since I didn’t get to watch too much of his college career. I like like all the highlights I’ve seen of Perrymen at Miami, but he better take it easy on the extracurricular activities – ie Dodgeball.
Of all the Chargers draft picks I’m most excited about Melvin Gordon. I watched with envious eyes this last season and wished the Chargers had as explosive of a tailback as Gordon was at Wisconsin. So, needless to say I was ecstatic when the Chargers were able to grab him. Even if the NFL is a pass-heavy league now, a dominate running back can make a huge difference on a teams success; see Marshawn Lynch in Seattle.
More from Friars on Base
- Padres barely missed out on high-end veteran starting pitcher
- This veteran DH target seems ideal for contending Padres roster
- Padres got steal with Xander Bogaerts after Carlos Correa’s mega-deal
- Failed Padres top prospect makes stunning return with minor league deal
- Padres fail to land ideal Xander Bogaerts teammate at catcher