May 28, 2015; San Diego, CA, USA; San Diego Padres starting pitcher Ian Kennedy (22) pitches during the second inning against the Pittsburgh Pirates at Petco Park. Mandatory Credit: Jake Roth-USA TODAY Sports
Game 2 Tuesday, 7:10pm
Kennedy has had his share of rough outings this year. For the second time this season, he was tagged for 3 home runs and 7 runs or more in his last start, against the Pirates. The good news is that whenever he has had a bad outing this year, he usually follows it with a solid one. After he allowed 8 runs to the Dodgers, he then went back out to win his next start by striking out 6 in 6 innings.
Kennedy has had 8 career starts against the Mets. He is 4-2 with a 4.66 ERA. He oddly has a 9.70 ERA at home so far this season.
Syndergaard made his major league debut a few weeks ago. He has struck out at least 5 in each of his first four major league starts. His last start was his best, going 7 1/3 shutout innings and striking out 6 with no walks.
The hottest hitter in the Mets lineup right now is Lucas Duda. He has four home runs in his last 6 games.
More from Friars on Base
- Jurickson Profar free agency update likely rules out Padres reunion
- Fernando Tatis Jr. may not take to outfield move after Xander Bogaerts addition
- Padres News: Fernando Tatis Jr. trade rumors, Seth Lugo chase, Manny Machado
- Padres barely missed out on high-end veteran starting pitcher
- This veteran DH target seems ideal for contending Padres roster