May 20, 2015; San Diego, CA, USA; San Diego Padres starting pitcher Tyson Ross (38) pitches during the first inning against the Chicago Cubs at Petco Park. Mandatory Credit: Jake Roth-USA TODAY Sports
Game 1 Monday, 6:05pm
Ross got a loss his last time out against the Chicago Cubs. He allowed three runs with 8 strikeouts. In his days with the Oakland Athletics, Ross has faced the Angels before. In 4 starts he has a 1.78 ERA. Most of his experience has come at Angels Stadium.
Weaver has been considered the ace of the Angels staff for years. His stuff has declined but he has become a savvy veteran pitcher. He has pitched at least 7 innings in his last three starts. He has won in three straight starts. He has a 1.13 ERA in two career starts against the Padres.
More from Friars on Base
- Fernando Tatis Jr. may not take to outfield move after Xander Bogaerts addition
- Padres News: Fernando Tatis Jr. trade rumors, Seth Lugo chase, Manny Machado
- Padres barely missed out on high-end veteran starting pitcher
- This veteran DH target seems ideal for contending Padres roster
- Padres got steal with Xander Bogaerts after Carlos Correa’s mega-deal