May 17, 2015; San Diego, CA, USA; San Diego Padres starting pitcher Ian Kennedy (22) reacts after giving up a three run home run against the Washington Nationals during the fifth inning at Petco Park. Mandatory Credit: Jake Roth-USA TODAY Sports
Game 2 Saturday, 7:10pm
Kennedy has struggled in his last two starts, allowing 11 runs in 9 2/3 innings with 7 walks. Needless to say he is looking to turn it around in a big way. He was tagged for 8 runs the last time he faced the Dodgers and only went 4 1/3 innings. Kennedy has a 4.58 ERA in 18 career starts against the Dodgers.
Bolsinger has impressed early in his career. He will be making his 13th career start. He has only allowed two earned runs in his previous 3 starts this year. He faced the Padres once before when he was an Arizona Diamondback last season. He went 6 innings and allowed 2 earned runs on 4 walks, getting the loss.
Kennedy will have to be cautious with Gonzalez and Andre Ethier, who both have three home runs against Kennedy.
More from Friars on Base
- Jurickson Profar free agency update likely rules out Padres reunion
- Fernando Tatis Jr. may not take to outfield move after Xander Bogaerts addition
- Padres News: Fernando Tatis Jr. trade rumors, Seth Lugo chase, Manny Machado
- Padres barely missed out on high-end veteran starting pitcher
- This veteran DH target seems ideal for contending Padres roster