Apr 29, 2015; San Diego, CA, USA; San Diego Padres starting pitcher Andrew Cashner (34) pitches during the first inning against the Houston Astros at Petco Park. Mandatory Credit: Jake Roth-USA TODAY Sports
Game 4 Sunday, 1:10pm
Andrew Cashner (1-5, 3.16 ERA) vs. TBD
Cashner has had bad luck all season with run support. He already has five losses yet in only two starts has he allowed more than two runs. He wasn’t at his sharpest in the 6-0 loss to the Giants when he allowed six runs, four of them were earned. He didn’t have his strikeout pitch working either, he only had three in six innings.
Hopefully, Cashner’s fortunes will change at Chase Field where he is 2-0 in four starts.
The Diamondbacks have not announced a starter for Sunday’s finale.
The Padres need to take care of business in the desert to keep up with the Dodgers and Giants. Anything less than winning three out of four would be disappointing. I am predicting that the Padres do exactly that. Coming out of this weekend 18-15 would be huge.
How do you guys see this series with Arizona going?
More from Friars on Base
- Jurickson Profar free agency update likely rules out Padres reunion
- Fernando Tatis Jr. may not take to outfield move after Xander Bogaerts addition
- Padres News: Fernando Tatis Jr. trade rumors, Seth Lugo chase, Manny Machado
- Padres barely missed out on high-end veteran starting pitcher
- This veteran DH target seems ideal for contending Padres roster