May 1, 2015; San Diego, CA, USA; San Diego Padres starting pitcher Ian Kennedy (22) pitches during the first inning against the Colorado Rockies at Petco Park. Mandatory Credit: Jake Roth-USA TODAY Sports
Game 3 Wednesday, 12:45pm
Kennedy bounced back nicely from his disastrous start against the Los Angeles Dodgers. Against the Rockies, he only allowed two runs in six innings and struck out six. He got his first win of the season.
Kennedy has 21 starts against the Giants in his career. He has always pitched well against them, posting a 9-4 record with a 2.48 ERA.
The rookie Heston has pitched well so far for the Giants. He will be making his 7th career start in the major leagues. He has one career start against the Padres. He allowed three runs in four innings in a no-decision.
Brandon Belt has good numbers against Kennedy. He is hitting .320 with two home runs.
The Padres have a lot of momentum heading into this series, as do the Giants. It will be a battle and I am predicting that the Padres lose this series two games to one, but it can go either way. The Giants always play better at home and the Padres have had recent troubles at AT&T Park.
More from Friars on Base
- Jurickson Profar free agency update likely rules out Padres reunion
- Fernando Tatis Jr. may not take to outfield move after Xander Bogaerts addition
- Padres News: Fernando Tatis Jr. trade rumors, Seth Lugo chase, Manny Machado
- Padres barely missed out on high-end veteran starting pitcher
- This veteran DH target seems ideal for contending Padres roster