Apr 9, 2015; San Diego, CA, USA; San Diego Padres second baseman Jedd Gyorko (9) singles during the ninth inning against the San Francisco Giants at Petco Park. Mandatory Credit: Jake Roth-USA TODAY Sports
Jedd Gyorko seems to still be struggling and is really the only cold spot in the Padres lineup. He could just be starting off cold, but the scouting report seems to be out on Gyorko. Could it be that Gyorko outplayed himself his rookie season? It seems Gyorko consistently strikes out or grounds into a double play.
I think the Padres should continue to go with Gyorko, when he gets it going, he can be a huge offensive threat, and brings a surprisingly solid glove at 2nd base. However, with Gyorko struggling, Bud Black has the options of Yangervis Solarte and the disruptive Cory Spangenberg, who could both fill the need for the Padres at second base.
More from Friars on Base
- Jurickson Profar free agency update likely rules out Padres reunion
- Fernando Tatis Jr. may not take to outfield move after Xander Bogaerts addition
- Padres News: Fernando Tatis Jr. trade rumors, Seth Lugo chase, Manny Machado
- Padres barely missed out on high-end veteran starting pitcher
- This veteran DH target seems ideal for contending Padres roster