Apr 11, 2015; San Diego, CA, USA; San Diego Padres right fielder Wil Myers (4) hits an RBI double in the seventh inning against the San Francisco Giants at Petco Park. Mandatory Credit: Jake Roth-USA TODAY Sports
I think Wil Myers has shown some good things in the first week, but I’m just not sold on him in the lead-off role. Myers approach hasn’t really seemed to change, and he is still ranked towards the bottom of the team in on base percentage.
Of course time will tell, but I think sliding Alexi Amarista into the lead-off and dropping Myers further down could help him really find his swing. This guy has proven that he is a dangerous hitter, but the Padres shouldn’t expect him to be something that he is not – a lead-off hitter.
More from Friars on Base
- Jurickson Profar free agency update likely rules out Padres reunion
- Fernando Tatis Jr. may not take to outfield move after Xander Bogaerts addition
- Padres News: Fernando Tatis Jr. trade rumors, Seth Lugo chase, Manny Machado
- Padres barely missed out on high-end veteran starting pitcher
- This veteran DH target seems ideal for contending Padres roster