Padres Editorial: Hot and Cold Padres from Opening Week
1 of 5
Apr 12, 2015; San Diego, CA, USA; San Diego Padres left fielder Matt Kemp (27) celebrates after tripling during the seventh inning as San Francisco Giants second baseman Matt Duffy (right) and third base coach Glenn Hoffman (left) look on at Petco Park. Mandatory Credit: Jake Roth-USA TODAY Sports
Opening weekend at Petco Park has left me, and I’m sure the rest of the San Diego Padre fans, extremely optimistic for the 2015 season. Obviously, winning three games against the defending World Series champions is exciting but more importantly, the energy the club played with should set the foundation for a very exciting and (god willing) successful season.
Here are some pros and cons I saw while watching the Padres this opening day weekend.
More from Friars on Base
- Jurickson Profar free agency update likely rules out Padres reunion
- Fernando Tatis Jr. may not take to outfield move after Xander Bogaerts addition
- Padres News: Fernando Tatis Jr. trade rumors, Seth Lugo chase, Manny Machado
- Padres barely missed out on high-end veteran starting pitcher
- This veteran DH target seems ideal for contending Padres roster