Mar 14, 2015; Peoria, AZ, USA; Texas Rangers shortstop Elvis Andrus (1) swings the bat against the San Diego Padres at Peoria Sports Complex. Mandatory Credit: Joe Camporeale-USA TODAY Sports
Jurickson Profar has frequently been brought up as a potential target for Preller, but with a nagging shoulder injury, he is not an option for 2015. Another target could be Elvis Andrus, the shortstop of Preller’s former club, the Texas Rangers.
Andrus would provide great pop as a proven lead-off hitter for the 2015 Padres. This would allow Wil Myers to slide back in the lineup to a more comfortable and appropriate position.
The Rangers locked up Andrus to a huge $15 million dollar annual contract, so taking on that kind of money with an already inflated contract could be tough.
More from Friars on Base
- Jurickson Profar free agency update likely rules out Padres reunion
- Fernando Tatis Jr. may not take to outfield move after Xander Bogaerts addition
- Padres News: Fernando Tatis Jr. trade rumors, Seth Lugo chase, Manny Machado
- Padres barely missed out on high-end veteran starting pitcher
- This veteran DH target seems ideal for contending Padres roster