Padres News: Padres Trade Torres to Mets
FOX Sports‘ Ken Rosenthal is reporting that that San Diego Padres have traded Alex Torres to the New York Mets.
We don’t have the details of what the Padres will be receiving for Torres, but we’ll pass that information along as soon as we know. Torres has had a pretty decent spring. He has pitched eight innings, allowed four runs on eight hits, with nine strike outs.
What do you guys think of this move? Approve or disapprove?
UPDATE: Not too much later the Padres and Mets have announced via Twitter and the Padres official website, that the Padres will be receiving Cory Mazzoni and a player to be named later from the Mets for Torres.
Mazzoni was drafted by the Mets in second round of the the 2011 draft out of North Carolina State. He has a minor league career ERA of 4.11 & this spring has three runs on six hits in 2.1 innings pitched.
What do you guys think about our new minor league pitcher? Our friends Corey Brock of MLB.com and Dennis Lin of the UT had this:
More from Friars on Base
- Jurickson Profar free agency update likely rules out Padres reunion
- Fernando Tatis Jr. may not take to outfield move after Xander Bogaerts addition
- Padres News: Fernando Tatis Jr. trade rumors, Seth Lugo chase, Manny Machado
- Padres barely missed out on high-end veteran starting pitcher
- This veteran DH target seems ideal for contending Padres roster