Welcome back Friar Faithful!
Today your San Diego Padres took on their rivals, the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Jason Lane got the start for the Padres but had a rough day on the mound, giving up seven runs on nine hits in his four innings pitched.
Jason Lane’s ERA is now up to 8.49 for 2015 Cactus League season. While he can turn things around for the regular season, it’s looking like the Padres’ Jason Lane experiment may be coming to an end.
On a positive note, catcher Derek Norris hit his first home run of the spring. The recently acquired Padres catcher has struggled in the batters box recently, going three for 42 before today. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come for the former Oakland Athletic All-Star.
The Padres dropped this one today 9-4, bringing their Cactus League record to 11-11.
We’ll check back in on the Padres tomorrow. Odrisamer Despaigne (not Morrow) is expected to start against the Arizona Diamondbacks.
More from Friars on Base
- Jurickson Profar free agency update likely rules out Padres reunion
- Fernando Tatis Jr. may not take to outfield move after Xander Bogaerts addition
- Padres News: Fernando Tatis Jr. trade rumors, Seth Lugo chase, Manny Machado
- Padres barely missed out on high-end veteran starting pitcher
- This veteran DH target seems ideal for contending Padres roster