The San Diego Padres brought out the big bats today, as they faced the Chicago Cubs and newly acquired ace, Jon Lester.
The Padres pitching was on point today, giving up a collective seven hits and no runs. Brandon Marrow started on the mound and pitched four innings with three hits given.
The highlight of the game was Matt Kemp (2-3), who had two RBIs including a long bomb off Lester in the third.
Tommy Medica (2-3) also hit a two-run home run in the fourth.
The Padres took this one from the Cubbies, 7 – 0.
Tomorrow the Padres will take on Milwaukee Brewers at home in Peoria.
More from Friars on Base
- Jurickson Profar free agency update likely rules out Padres reunion
- Fernando Tatis Jr. may not take to outfield move after Xander Bogaerts addition
- Padres News: Fernando Tatis Jr. trade rumors, Seth Lugo chase, Manny Machado
- Padres barely missed out on high-end veteran starting pitcher
- This veteran DH target seems ideal for contending Padres roster