We’ve reached February finally which means baseball season is right around the corner. Spring Training is a time for optimism and hope. A time when every team thinks they can win. A time where team executives can see what they have with their shinny new toys they brought in (or in the case of the Padres many new toys).
With that in mind, it’s time to look at some San Diego Padres players who need to show something during the Cactus League season. There’s all sorts of different reasons for these guys to be on the list. Some it’s to prove they can start at this level or get back to their former level of production. In one way or another, the Padres will need these five players to perform and to get ready for 2015.
More from Padres News
- Jurickson Profar free agency update likely rules out Padres reunion
- Fernando Tatis Jr. may not take to outfield move after Xander Bogaerts addition
- Padres News: Fernando Tatis Jr. trade rumors, Seth Lugo chase, Manny Machado
- Padres barely missed out on high-end veteran starting pitcher
- This veteran DH target seems ideal for contending Padres roster
Anyone should be able to contend in the National League. The Padres may not be able to hang with the Dodgers, but maybe they can give the Giants or the Pirates or any other team competing for a wild card birth in the National League.
All you have to do now is get into the tournament as the Giants and Royals showed last October. With that in mind, here are the five Padres that need to have a good Spring Training.