You know that saying it takes a team to win or complete something? Well that certainly was true when it came to the Padres getting chosen to host the 2016 All-Star Game. It took a team effort to land the midsummer classic in San Diego. The game was a team and city-wide effort , and the President of our San Diego Padres had this to say “Our ability to react and respond and be ready for ’16 gave us a leg up on others competing for the same year. This all according to Corey Brock of MLB.com. The Padres and the city are committed to putting on a great show, says Mayor Kevin Faulconer, who helped the Padres land the midsummer classic, the first one since 1992.
More from Padres News
- Jurickson Profar free agency update likely rules out Padres reunion
- Fernando Tatis Jr. may not take to outfield move after Xander Bogaerts addition
- Padres News: Fernando Tatis Jr. trade rumors, Seth Lugo chase, Manny Machado
- Padres barely missed out on high-end veteran starting pitcher
- This veteran DH target seems ideal for contending Padres roster
Did all of that hard work the Padres put in pay off? Absolutely! The Padres have gotten the 2016 All-Star Game in San Diego. America’s Finest City will be hosting America’s National Pastime’s ultimate summertime gala of stars! The game has been tentatively schedule for July 12th, 2016 which would mean that the events surrounding the game would happen the same week, probably the 10th, and the 11th. It is also strongly believed that if the Winter Meetings were not held in San Diego this year, it would have been much harder for the Padres to host the 2016 All-Star Game from Petco Park. However, it happened, and the Padres and the city of San Diego are finally relevant to the MLB again!