Logan White spent 13 years in the Los Angeles Dodgers’ organization before joining the Padres as both a senior adviser and the professional scouting director. Earlier in his career, White worked for the Padres, and he is excited to be back with an ownership group and GM dedicated to winning.
In a recent interview with Corey Brock of MLB.com, White described the formula for success. “We want to be as aggressive and work our tails off as much as we can. Some of the best decisions you make are because you work a little harder, not because you’re smarter than everyone else.”
More from Padres News
- Jurickson Profar free agency update likely rules out Padres reunion
- Fernando Tatis Jr. may not take to outfield move after Xander Bogaerts addition
- Padres News: Fernando Tatis Jr. trade rumors, Seth Lugo chase, Manny Machado
- Padres barely missed out on high-end veteran starting pitcher
- This veteran DH target seems ideal for contending Padres roster
Hard work is the motto of the new Padres’ front office. Led by general manager A.J. Preller, there have been key acquisitions this off-season. However, some of the lasting work may be achieved in the relatively quiet scouting department.
“We’re going to see anyone and everyone in pro baseball. We’re going to get after it on the back fields, make sure we know the makeup of these guys, talk to coaches, watch BP and early work,” White told Brock.