Report: Padres Roster Close To Completion
How crazy was the month of December for the Swinging Friars? Well it was the craziest month in team history that’s how crazy it was! A.J. Preller added an all-star outfield, with the addition of Matt Kemp, Justin Upton, and Wil Myers all in trades, without breaking apart the entire roster. That’s pretty impressive if you ask me. So what’s A.J.’s encore for January? With A.J. Preller at the helm it’s easy to say that the roster could be nowhere near completed, but it is believed according to Corey Brock of MLB.com, that the roster that the Padres have currently is much closer, if not the final one that the Padres will have when they travel up north to face their biggest rival, the Los Angeles Dodgers from Dodger Stadium on April 6th.
More from Padres News
- Jurickson Profar free agency update likely rules out Padres reunion
- Fernando Tatis Jr. may not take to outfield move after Xander Bogaerts addition
- Padres News: Fernando Tatis Jr. trade rumors, Seth Lugo chase, Manny Machado
- Padres barely missed out on high-end veteran starting pitcher
- This veteran DH target seems ideal for contending Padres roster
Over the past week-plus, Preller added Shawn Kelley, and Brandon Maurer in deals with the Yankees and Mariners. So he might not be finished just yet, but in terms of getting more position players, the Friars are most likely done, with an all-star outfield and the additions of Derek Norris, Will Middlebrooks, Tim Federowicz, and Clint Barmes.
With all of those additions it seems likely that the Padres are certainly close to being done with their roster, but who knows! Is A.J. Preller done shaping the Padres roster for Opening Day on April 6th? That remains to be seen, stay tuned!