The last time we had our update on the new HD screen at Petco Park, most of the old parts of the board had been taken off and the skeleton of the board was open. Looks like the Padres are now working on the old ribbon boards as well above the first and third base upper deck areas at Petco Park.
Recently, the Padres were hosts to the Winter Wonderland for the recent holidays. While the new scoreboard is not yet completed, a temporary one has been installed in center field at the batter’s eye until the new HD board is complete.
More from Padres News
- Jurickson Profar free agency update likely rules out Padres reunion
- Fernando Tatis Jr. may not take to outfield move after Xander Bogaerts addition
- Padres News: Fernando Tatis Jr. trade rumors, Seth Lugo chase, Manny Machado
- Padres barely missed out on high-end veteran starting pitcher
- This veteran DH target seems ideal for contending Padres roster
Look for this board to be there until the new one is complete as Petco Park will tear up the sod from last season going from bats and chalk to dirt tracks and cars about to be destroyed!
The AMA Supercross and Monster Jam series that hits San Diego every year has now moved to Petco Park instead of out-dated Qualcomm Stadium. It would’ve been cool for fans of baseball and Motorsports to check out the new HD board, but it sounds like it could be completed by February for Friar-fest.
A redditor by the name of “theorfo” was on a tour of Petco recently and posted these pictures on Imgur showing the construction on the board and ribbons recently taken out in the upper deck area.
Stay tuned to Friars On Base for more Petco Park scoreboard updates and everything else Padres, as 2015 should be an exciting year to be a Padres fan!