On the last Friars On Base Radio Show, our host Devin Sparks, and co-editor Billy Brost talked about all of the off-season moves that the Padres have made lately. The Padres have now traded Seth Smith to the Mariners for minor league pitcher Brandon Maurer. The guys went over this trade before the trade officially went down, and what how they thought this trade would help the Padres, along what the Shawn Kelley trade means for the Padres. What options do they have in the bullpen? The guys went over that too!
More from Padres News
- Jurickson Profar free agency update likely rules out Padres reunion
- Fernando Tatis Jr. may not take to outfield move after Xander Bogaerts addition
- Padres News: Fernando Tatis Jr. trade rumors, Seth Lugo chase, Manny Machado
- Padres barely missed out on high-end veteran starting pitcher
- This veteran DH target seems ideal for contending Padres roster
Devin and Billy’s main topic of interest centered around the trade talks with the Orioles, and if they thought that Will Venable and Carlos Quentin could go to the Baltimore Orioles in a trade for Chris Davis. Could this happen? Have the Padres done enough to become contenders in the National League West? We will find out, but the guys give us their thoughts during the most recent podcast. Check it out for the latest on the Padres and to hear their thoughts. Also make sure to keep checking back with us here at Friars On Base for all of the latest Padres news, rumors and transactions that have gone down!
Listen to the latest episode for everything that Devin and Billy covered, by clicking here!