Padres Rumors: Dan Haren Wants To Be A Padre?
Dan Haren never wanted to go to Miami. He never wanted to leave California. Neither of those thing s went his way as he was dealt in the Dee Gordon trade to Miami. He has said that if he was traded he would retire. Now he’s trying to get out of Miami and San Diego may be his best option.
More from Padres Rumors
- Padres interested in signing FA reliever, converting him to starter
- Padres free agency update links them to All-Star shortstop
- Perfect Padres buy-low trade target might reside in Chicago
- Kodai Senga connections could make Padres favorite for ace SP
- Latest buzz indicates Padres could splurge on surprise position
Haren will be in his age 34 season and after going 0-4 with 9.47 ERA in July, he rebounded going 5-3 during the final two months of the season including a 2-1 record with a 2.70 ERA in September.
If the team doesn’t land another starter (cough Cole Hamels cough) the Padres could use some additional depth as Brandon Morrow may not be able to do it because of his injury history. Casey Kelly is coming off injury and Odrismer Despaigne hasn’t pitched a full season in the majors.
The Marlins appear to be looking for some additional outfield help. Wouldn’t you know it the Padres happen to have all sorts of extra outfielders. Would a Abraham Almonte for Haren deal work? Almonte would give them an outfielder who could play all three spots along with some speed.
The Padres could use another arm and the Marlins another outfielder. It all makes sense. Let’s see if the deal happens.