On the latest Friars On Base Radio show, yours truly and our host Devin Sparks went over the craziest week in Padres history! We talked about all of the recent trades that have gone down the past 24 to 48 hours. For those of you who don’t know, the Padres finalized their deal with the Dodgers to acquire Matt Kemp and Tim Federowicz and traded away Yasmani Grandal, Joe Wieland and Zach Eflin.
More from Padres News
- Jurickson Profar free agency update likely rules out Padres reunion
- Fernando Tatis Jr. may not take to outfield move after Xander Bogaerts addition
- Padres News: Fernando Tatis Jr. trade rumors, Seth Lugo chase, Manny Machado
- Padres barely missed out on high-end veteran starting pitcher
- This veteran DH target seems ideal for contending Padres roster
The Friars were far from done, and then they acquired Wil Myers in a three-team, 11-player deal that sent Rene Rivera to the Rays. If that isn’t enough to get your head spinning they weren’t done, Thursday night they acquired All-Star Catcher Derek Norris from the Athletics, and then early Friday morning they reportedly acquired Justin Upton from the Braves and Will Middlebrooks from the Boston Red Sox, crazy right? Well believe it or not it was all covered on the Friars On Base radio show.
Make sure to catch up with all of the latest happenings with the Padres with us here at Friars On Base and make sure to hear what we had to say on our Friars On Base Radio Show where we gave our opinions on these trades and how much they can help the Padres become a serious contending team in 2015.
Listen to our radio show here