Matt Kemp Trade to Padres Done!
By John Hiatt
FINALLY, After a whole week of ups and downs, it finally seems that Matt Kemp is a Padre! Reports of the deal being done, came out about 6:00 PM Pacific Time on Thursday, with about six hours left until the deadline for the deal to be completed. Throughout the past two days my heart was in my stomach because reports about Kemp’s physical looked ugly, and the Padres had to discuss the details of his physical on Wednesday.
Luckily for all of the concerns me and my fellow Padre fans had the deal got done and the terms remained the same.
More from Padres News
- Jurickson Profar free agency update likely rules out Padres reunion
- Fernando Tatis Jr. may not take to outfield move after Xander Bogaerts addition
- Padres News: Fernando Tatis Jr. trade rumors, Seth Lugo chase, Manny Machado
- Padres barely missed out on high-end veteran starting pitcher
- This veteran DH target seems ideal for contending Padres roster
The Padres will send Catcher Yasmani Grandal, Zach Eflin, and Joe Wieland to the Dodgers in return for Matt Kemp, and Catcher Tim Federowicz.
For a team that lacked offense, adding Kemp, Wil Myers and Derek Norris will certainly help try to fix that and with the amount of outfielders they have, they certainly are far from done.
But now, Kemp is here and we can all focus on that and hope that his hips will hold up over the next few seasons.