What Should the Padres Do at Each Position?
Mandatory Credit: Lance Iversen-USA TODAY Sports
There are few positions on the Padres’ roster that are definitively occupied by one person. There are players we, as San Diego fans, have given up on and players we have defended beyond what they deserve. Mostly and justifiably the first. So out of all of the positional battles, what are all of the Padres’ options? Should we throw Yonder Alonso on the bench? What can and should Bud Black do with the mess that is the Padres’ infield? Who is a good option for playing CF? Where does Cory Spangenberg fit in?
More from Padres News
- Jurickson Profar free agency update likely rules out Padres reunion
- Fernando Tatis Jr. may not take to outfield move after Xander Bogaerts addition
- Padres News: Fernando Tatis Jr. trade rumors, Seth Lugo chase, Manny Machado
- Padres barely missed out on high-end veteran starting pitcher
- This veteran DH target seems ideal for contending Padres roster
This article will not be about free agency or trades. The focus is on the roster as is. It will not cover pitching. The focus is on the rest of the roster. So, don’t rely on depth charts that still list Yasmani Grandal as a Padre. Let’s get detailed and explore all of the possibilities Bud Black gets to choose from in 2015.