Padres Non-Tender INF Everth Cabrera
Tonight, the San Diego Padres have parted ways with frustrating INF Everth Cabrera, as he was ‘non-tendered’ and will become a free agent. Cabrera has been dealing with off the field issues and weren’t too pleased with Cabrera’s’ efforts to correct them.
More from Padres News
- Jurickson Profar free agency update likely rules out Padres reunion
- Fernando Tatis Jr. may not take to outfield move after Xander Bogaerts addition
- Padres News: Fernando Tatis Jr. trade rumors, Seth Lugo chase, Manny Machado
- Padres barely missed out on high-end veteran starting pitcher
- This veteran DH target seems ideal for contending Padres roster
Cabrera was a Rule V draft pick from the Colorado Rockies and led the National League in stolen bases in 2012. Cabrera then went on to make the All-Star team in 2013 before being suspended 50-games for his part in the Biogenesis scandal. Cabrera only hit .232/.272/.300 in 2014 and would’ve been owed too much money if he’d gone to arbitration this off-season per Rotoworld. Best of luck elsewhere.
Tendered players tonight per the Padres include RHP Joaquin Benoit, LHP Cory Luebke, INF Jedd Gyorko and OF’s Cameron Maybin, Carlos Quentin, Seth Smith and Will Venable. The Padres currently have one more spot to fill on their 40-man roster.