The San Diego Padres are still searching for a power bat to put in their lineup for the 2015 season, as they have missed out on Pablo Sandoval and Yasmany Tomas, even though in both cases they were top contenders for both players. They also missed out on free agent Adam LaRoche who ended up signing with the Chigago White Sox. Who else could they sign? I mean there aren’t really any other options. Chase Headley is probably not coming back even with all of the rumors about it. The only other options might be Jay Bruce or Matt Kemp via trades, but even then, I don’t know if the Dodgers or Reds are going to want to trade away those bats, and if the Padres will have enough money to get them, though I hope they can land one or possibly both.
Now where do the Padres go from here you ask? Well the answer to that, like anything is you keep going forward. The Padres plan to keep moving towards making free agent acquisitions and looking into possible trades as well, which is all the team can do at this point.
More from Padres News
- Jurickson Profar free agency update likely rules out Padres reunion
- Fernando Tatis Jr. may not take to outfield move after Xander Bogaerts addition
- Padres News: Fernando Tatis Jr. trade rumors, Seth Lugo chase, Manny Machado
- Padres barely missed out on high-end veteran starting pitcher
- This veteran DH target seems ideal for contending Padres roster
It has been a frustrating off-season so far for the Padres and the Friar Faithful, as they have missed out on everybody they have been interested in, but I have faith in A.J. Preller and the Padres front office that they will get some offensive upgrades this off-season, and get the 2015 San Diego Padres baseball club off on the right foot!