As a Friar fan, you have to admire the grittiness and tenacity of Padres’ General Manager A.J. Preller, he wants to bring in offense to this woeful roster NOW!
Per Ken Rosenthal of FoxSports.com, the Padres are set to make an offer to free agent third basemen Pablo Sandoval today.
The Padres and the Boston Red Sox have been interested in the three-time World Series Champion hitter, with his recent club, the San Francisco Giants, also trying to find a way to keep him in San Francisco.
More from Padres News
- Jurickson Profar free agency update likely rules out Padres reunion
- Fernando Tatis Jr. may not take to outfield move after Xander Bogaerts addition
- Padres News: Fernando Tatis Jr. trade rumors, Seth Lugo chase, Manny Machado
- Padres barely missed out on high-end veteran starting pitcher
- This veteran DH target seems ideal for contending Padres roster
The Red Sox have been doing their part to lure in Sandoval. Per USAToday.com and Peter Gammons, Sandoval and current Red Sox David Ortiz had dinner together when Sandoval was in Boston. Of course, it should be tough trying to compete with the mighty payroll of the Boston Red Sox. Although, it doesn’t seem like the Padres are blinking. Stay Tuned to Friars On Base for more news on #PandaWatch