Padres Hold Second Private Workout With Yasmany Tomas
By John Hiatt
The San Diego Padres have recently been looking into the Cuban outfielder Yasmany Tomas, and the team reportedly had their second private workout with him yesterday. General Manager A.J. Preller and VP of Scouting operations Don Welke, as well as Omar Minaya were all in attendance for his second workout with the club.
More from Padres News
- Jurickson Profar free agency update likely rules out Padres reunion
- Fernando Tatis Jr. may not take to outfield move after Xander Bogaerts addition
- Padres News: Fernando Tatis Jr. trade rumors, Seth Lugo chase, Manny Machado
- Padres barely missed out on high-end veteran starting pitcher
- This veteran DH target seems ideal for contending Padres roster
A.J. Preller was also in attendance for the public workout that the Giants had with Tomas on September 21st as well. Tomas’ private workout with the team was held at the Padres Latin America facility in the Dominican Republic. As of right now, the news reported by Baseball America is that Tomas wants to sign with a team before the postseason is over. Let’s hope the Padres have shown enough interest in him, that he wants to sign with them, and that the team is willing to expand the budget to land the first big impact bat of the off-season.
Keep the Faith.