Padres Look To Get Back On Track in Game 2 vs. Giants
By John Hiatt
The Padres fell to the Giants in a tough loss last night 9-8. They will look to get some revenge tonight in Game 2 of a four-game set from AT&T Park, when they send Ian Kennedy (12-13) 3.76 ERA to the hill to face off against Ryan Vogelsong of the Giants (8-12′) 3.96 ERA. The Padres and Giants combined to score 17 runs last night in Game One of the four-game set.
Ian Kennedy will be looking to win his second straight decision against the Giants tonight. He also started the final game between the two teams at Petco Park. Ryan Vogelsong also started that game, and he will be looking to get back on the right path heading into the playoffs for the Giants.
More from Padres News
- Jurickson Profar free agency update likely rules out Padres reunion
- Fernando Tatis Jr. may not take to outfield move after Xander Bogaerts addition
- Padres News: Fernando Tatis Jr. trade rumors, Seth Lugo chase, Manny Machado
- Padres barely missed out on high-end veteran starting pitcher
- This veteran DH target seems ideal for contending Padres roster
The hottest Padre last night was Yasmani Grandal, who had two hits including a grand slam in last night’s game. The Giants hottest hitter last night, who has always given the Padres trouble is Pablo Sandoval, who was 3-for-3, with 4 RBI against the Padres pitching staff last night.
If the Padres can take one of the next three games against the Giants, they will take the season series from the Giants. The Giants last night, clinched a wild card spot to get into the playoffs for the second time in two years.Tthis happened with a Brewers’ loss earlier in the day. The Padres and Giants play game two tonight at 7:15 PM PDT
Keep the Faith.