Padres Look to Take Second Game of Final Home Series vs. Rockies
By John Hiatt
The San Diego Padres are looking to take their final series at home against the Colorado Rockies, and extend their current 5-game win streak to 6 in Game 2 of a 3-game set on Tuesday night. The Padres will send Robbie Erlin, who is (4-4) with a 4.53 ERA to the mound, to face-off against Jorge De LaRosa, who has a (14-11) record with a 4.19 ERA for the Rockies.
Alexi Amarista has been on fire the past few games, hitting 2 home runs in the past 4 games, and coming up with clutch hits in big situations. Another hitter who has been stepping it up is Rene Rivera, who went 2-for-4 last night, with an RBI double to bring in the only run of the game last night.
More from Padres News
- Jurickson Profar free agency update likely rules out Padres reunion
- Fernando Tatis Jr. may not take to outfield move after Xander Bogaerts addition
- Padres News: Fernando Tatis Jr. trade rumors, Seth Lugo chase, Manny Machado
- Padres barely missed out on high-end veteran starting pitcher
- This veteran DH target seems ideal for contending Padres roster
If the Padres can take tonight or tomorrow’s game, their home record will be better than it was last year. If they can win the rest of their next 6 games they will be over the .500 mark for the year. The Padres and Rockies will start tonight’s game at 7:10 PM PDT from Petco Park.
Keep the Faith.