When you have a week like Andrew Cashner did last week, you can expect to probably get some hardware heading your way. Cashner did just that, earning his first-ever NL Player of the Week for his outstanding performance last week.
Cashner in two starts, gave up two runs, won both starts, walked two and struck out 14 over 17 innings, including his two-hit shutout of the Philadelphia Phillies last Monday.
More from Padres News
- Jurickson Profar free agency update likely rules out Padres reunion
- Fernando Tatis Jr. may not take to outfield move after Xander Bogaerts addition
- Padres News: Fernando Tatis Jr. trade rumors, Seth Lugo chase, Manny Machado
- Padres barely missed out on high-end veteran starting pitcher
- This veteran DH target seems ideal for contending Padres roster
Since coming back from the DL on August 23rd, he’s 4-2, with a 1.93 ERA. He will make his last start of the season against the San Francisco Giants on Thursday.
Congrats to Cashner on the great achievement.
Keep the Faith.