Mandatory Credit: Jake Roth-USA TODAY Sports
This is the last time the Padres will be able to play at Petco Park this season. They have a winning record at home. This series may decide if the Padres can finish with a better record than last year. The Padres need to win this series. These will be the last memories San Diego fans have of the Padres this year, the team should make sure they are positive ones.
More from Padres News
- Jurickson Profar free agency update likely rules out Padres reunion
- Fernando Tatis Jr. may not take to outfield move after Xander Bogaerts addition
- Padres News: Fernando Tatis Jr. trade rumors, Seth Lugo chase, Manny Machado
- Padres barely missed out on high-end veteran starting pitcher
- This veteran DH target seems ideal for contending Padres roster
My prediction is that the Padres will win this series. The Padres may lose the De La Rosa vs. Erlin match up but the other games should go the Padres way, especially if Ross pitches the finale. It would be fitting if he did, since it would be the final home game of the season and he has been the most consistent pitcher on the roster. The veterans stepped up in the last series and the Friars will need that again if they want to cool off the red-hot Rockies at home.
Thanks to our friends at Knoda.com, makers of the game predictor app, we and you as the fan, can predict everything from Padres’ series and games, to who will win the next presidential election. Give it a try and see if you can beat us in our picks!