The Padres look to extend their win streak to two games against the San Francisco Giants in Game One of a three-game set that starts at Petco Park at 7:10 PM PDT, when the Padres send Odrisamer Despaigne (3-7, 3.63 ERA) to the hill to face off against the Giants’ starter, Tim Hudson (9-11, 3.41 ERA). Despaigne was solid in his last outing in Arizona going 5 2/3 innings, giving up 3 earned runs on six hits and striking out two.
More from Padres News
- Jurickson Profar free agency update likely rules out Padres reunion
- Fernando Tatis Jr. may not take to outfield move after Xander Bogaerts addition
- Padres News: Fernando Tatis Jr. trade rumors, Seth Lugo chase, Manny Machado
- Padres barely missed out on high-end veteran starting pitcher
- This veteran DH target seems ideal for contending Padres roster
The Giants come in to Petco Park for three over the weekend for the last time this season. The Padres have a chance to play spoiler once again in this series to the Giants, who are 2 games back of the NL West-leading Los Angeles Dodgers. The Giants are coming off a series in which they took two out of three from the Arizona Diamondbacks in the desert. While the Padres won in impressive fashion last night over the Philadelphia Phillies 7-3, and took three out of four from the Phillies, the Padres were led to victory with big home runs from Alexi Amarista and Will Venable.
The Padres and Giants series is tied at 6 games apiece with 7 games left to be played between the two teams. The Padres will travel to San Francisco for 4 games to end the season, September 25-28th.
Keep the Faith.