Padres Host Giants For Weekend
By Nick Lee
Mandatory Credit: Jake Roth-USA TODAY Sports
Ian Kennedy (11-13, 3.80 ERA) starts the finale as the Padres don their Sunday camo uniforms one more time this year. His counterpart will be Ryan Vogelsong (8-11, 3.98 ERA). Kennedy has started against the Giants more than any other team in his career. He is 7-4 with a 2.66 ERA in 18 starts against San Francisco. He got the win in his last start thanks to run support, as he gave up 3 runs with 4 walks. He last faced the Giants in June, when he got the loss by allowing 4 runs in 6.1 innings. Vogelsong is 0-2 with 12 earned runs in 3 starts so far this month. The Padres have performed well against Vogelsong in the past, as he has a 5.63 ERA in 8 starts.
More from Padres News
- Jurickson Profar free agency update likely rules out Padres reunion
- Fernando Tatis Jr. may not take to outfield move after Xander Bogaerts addition
- Padres News: Fernando Tatis Jr. trade rumors, Seth Lugo chase, Manny Machado
- Padres barely missed out on high-end veteran starting pitcher
- This veteran DH target seems ideal for contending Padres roster
Michael Morse has been banged up lately but he has been crucial in the Giants run this year. He is a big, strong slugger and he has burned the Padres already this year. Many remember that he was the one that hit a home run to cause Huston Street to blow his first save of the year. He has 16 home runs this year with a .280 average and he leads the team with 32 doubles.