Mandatory Credit: Jake Roth-USA TODAY Sports
Overall, the Padres really need to win this series. This team is a monkey on San Diego’s back that they need to throw off before season’s end. The goal remains the same, to finish the season with a better record than last year. The Padres need to go 10-7 or better in their final 17 games to accomplish that. This is very possible.
More from Padres News
- Jurickson Profar free agency update likely rules out Padres reunion
- Fernando Tatis Jr. may not take to outfield move after Xander Bogaerts addition
- Padres News: Fernando Tatis Jr. trade rumors, Seth Lugo chase, Manny Machado
- Padres barely missed out on high-end veteran starting pitcher
- This veteran DH target seems ideal for contending Padres roster
The bats need to wake up once again. It seems as if the newcomers and rookies have contributed more than the veterans lately, with the exception of Jedd Gyorko and Grandal. The Padres need to win this series just for pride if nothing else. My prediction is that the Padres will finally get over the hump and win the series. Stults and Ross will pitch well enough for the offense to score enough runs to win. Despaigne may falter but the Padres should win the series two games to one.